Monday, May 28, 2007

Conner Hawke - Dragon's Blood #6 DC


Something happened here. I know I got issue #5, and I know I read it, but for some reason it's not listed in my posts. I'm not sure how that happened. But, for whatever reason, this is the last issue, #6. And actually, it played out to a pretty decent ending. The real reason Zhao wanted the dragon killed, was for it's blood. In it's blood, is it's power. And to bathe in that blood is to take it's power in. But on the way to look for the pool, Zhao's assistant, or whatever, decides that he wants to take that power for himself, and kills Zhao. By the time Conner finds the pool, Hoon has already soaked in quite a bit of the power. But he's not very smart. In the process of his battle with Conner he tries to drown him in the pool. Duh!! All your doing is soaking him in the same substance that gave you your power. Evil nemesis' really don't have a lot of common sense. Connor attempts to shoot him with the same magic arrow that he shot the dragon with, but Zoon is faster than he is. The arrow ends up through Connor's hand. But he gets the opportunity, during the fight, with the Arrow in his hand, literally, to shove it in to Zoon's heart. Now if continuity exists, then Connor should emerge from this series slightly changed. One because he should have some of the Dragon's power, maybe even alot since he's also attuned to the magic and he slayed the wielder. And he should also be changed because . . . . he slayed the wielder. Connor has now taken a life. Most people don't emerge from that unscathed. Eddie ended up hanging with Shado, and in trying to kill all the dragons spawn, he was burnt up pretty badly. He's in the hospital recuperating, and I think things are going to work out with him and Brandy. Shado went back to her home, to be with her daughter, and without acting on her feelings for Connor. She's decided that they should just remain friends and family. I really like the way Chuck Dixon put this story together. But, and I've said this a hundred times, it'll all be moot if they don't keep the changes to this character in place, when he goes back to Ollie. We'll see what they do. I hope they don't puss out. But we'll see. And to be honest, I really wasn't thrilled with Derec Donovan's interior art. There were a few frames that were decent. But overall I'd have to give it a C-. Sorry! But that's just my opinion. However, I did enjoy the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment