Sunday, May 06, 2007

Batman #664 - DC


Finally, we got Morrison and Kubert back on the book this issue. So, I hope we get a normal 12 issue run from these guys, and the last couple of issues don't count as part of their year-long tenure. If that's the case, I would feel really cheated. But for now, I'm just glad they're back. Did you happen to see that they have action figures out for this run already? It's amazing how they get stuff out so fast now-a-days. Anyways, this picks up right after their last issue, when Batman has defeated all the Man-bats in Gilbralter. And has sent off Talia and his "son". He then goes to, what looks like the Alps, to meet Jezebel and her body-guards. We then see a flash-back to Gotham. I assume it's a flash-back, because I can't see how this part of the story could take place during the same time as the first part of this story. Anyways, it has to do with girls that are going missing all over Gotham. Most of them seem to be "professionals", so Batman decides to as the resident expert, DeShawn. He gets lots of innuendo about bent cops and monsters. He then finds a building where the girls appear to be taken to, and where they're tortured or worse. What he finds is . . . Bane. I think. Like I said, I don't really know how this stories going to fit in to our regular continuity, so I think it's a flashback. But, he and Bane fight, and then Bane ends up crushing his spine with his foot. And that's the end of the story. So . . . we'll have to wait until next issue to find out where this story fits. And if this is a current story, then where does it go from here? But with Morrison and Kubert at the helm, you just know it's going to be fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment