Sunday, May 06, 2007

Wonder Woman #6 - DC


Our new scribe takes over this issue, Jodi Picoult. She seems to have a good feel for the character. The path we seem to be going down now, is that although Diana has lived in mans world for quite a while now, she's never really tried to bring herself down to their level. That, actually, might not be the best way to put it. What I mean is, she's never really attempted the normal mundane things that we do, and take for granted, every day. Such as, pumping gas, or paying for things, other than with the few bucks she may have on her, or how to order a coffee at a Starbucks, or how to get on a subway. She's always thrown herself in to her role as ambassador, and not really payed attention to the rest of the world, other than how it intersected with her paths and missions. I'm really not trying to cut her down. The way I'm talking I think I'm making her look like she's feels above the rest of us. That's really not what I mean. Basically all I'm saying is that, she's had a mission and a purpose. That mission and purpose did not involve living as an "average Joe", because she's never really sunk her teeth in to a secret identity. Now she is. Now she's Diana Prince, Agent of the Dept. of Metahuman Affairs. She has a new partner now, Nemesis, whom she has to interact with on a daily basis. And she has a new mission, chosen by Steel her boss. Her and Nemesis have been charged with following and apprehending . . . well . . . herself. They're supposed to bring in Wonder Woman. Meanwhile, somehow right under Diana's nose, Circe has abducted Tom, Nemesis and is about to torture him in the Wonder Woman museum. Also, I think, we have a new artistic team this issue, unless they're just a fill in, but it's Drew Johnson and Ray Snyder. I think it looks pretty good. He's not Terry Dodson, but then, who is. Overall, I think, a very nice issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment