Sunday, May 13, 2007

the All New Atom #10 - DC


I like this book. I really do. I think that Gail Simone is doing a great job with the stories. She's really acquainting us with Ryan's character. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Ray Palmer fan, but, I do like what she's done with this character so far. I like the little twists that she's been putting on the story that we've all come to know so well. I also think that Eddy Barrows is getting better and better at his pencilling chores. Of course, it doesn't hurt this issue that Trevor Scott is doing his inks. But I do like how Eddy is improving. My only complaint is that this whole "High School jock comes after old boyfriend for revenge" thing is a little over the top. Especially since he and his boys are zombies. I know the Atom has always been kind of a "weird magnet". But this, is getting really weird. And I really don't think Jia is as innocent as she's acting. I know this whole story is really just a plot to expand on Ryan's past and get us acquainted with the character a little more. But the whole zombie thing seems a bit extreme. And by the end of the book, they've got themselves dressed up like pirates, or something out of Mardi Gras, or something. But, who knows, maybe there's actually another reason that Gail went this way with these characters. I'm sure we'll be more enlightened by the end of the arc. Right now though . . . Alvin wants Ryan to kill Jia. Oh and by the way, we've been getting some pretty cool Landronn covers on this book also. Next issue though, this story arc gets tied up. It'll be interesting to see how Gail wraps this one all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment