Sunday, May 06, 2007

Deadman #8 - Vertigo


This one seems a little confusing to me, but I think the gist of the story is that we're mixing a couple different realities together. Brandon can access the physical world and the psychic plane at the same time. And I think we're getting some crossover from each on to the other. He starts out with his dad. He wants Brandon to pull the plug, because that's the only way he's going to be free from the people that are after them for their gifts. In escaping he bounces back to Sarah. But she's different. She's wilder, and most importantly not pregnant anymore. Meanwhile out in California, there's this couple Jack and Eve who one minute she's pregnant, and the next she's not. So when Brandon finds out that Sarah is not pregnant, he's convinced that someone took the baby. Meanwhile in California, Eve is freaking out because she is pregnant. But, Jack is infertile, and she's not having an affair. So she's really upset and confused. Oh, and besides all that, Jack is gay. This is part 1 of this story-line, so we don't get a lot of answers this issue. Lots of speculation, but no answers. All I know for certain is that Sarah and Eve have seemed to have switched their "mommy" status. But I'm sure Bruce Jones has a nice little tale to weave about all of this. I just wish I was a little less confused at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment