Sunday, May 27, 2007

the Mighty Avengers #2 - Marvel


Creatively, this is a very nice book. Almost perfect, actually. Brian Michael Bendis is doing the scripts, and Frank Cho is doing the pencils. What more could you ask for? My only real complaint is that this is called the Mighty Avengers. They don't seem all that mighty to me. Well . . . let me take that back. Basically, they got 3 guns to shoot at anything that gets in their way. Iron Man, Sentry, and Ares. Well . . . actually 4, because Wonder Man is almost in that league also. And really, Ms Marvel is not to far behind on the strength scale too. So how do Black Widow and Wasp fit in to this group? I guess mighty is the correct word. But in this issue they've come up against something mightier . . . Ultron. The ironic part about the whole book is that Ultron just stands there. I mean think about it, this robot is so powerful that it doesn't even have to approach it's prey. It just stands there, waits for the opponent to come to him/her, and then beats it down without even breathing heavy. I do wonder where Iron Man is though. At the end of last issue, Iron Man's armor started to morph, and basically . . . he . . became . . . her. If that makes sense. And they really don't even know what they're dealing with until Janet goes up to talk to it, because she's wondering why it looks so much like her. The exchange between them goes like this, "Excuse me, Hi . . . Tony?", "Not Tony.", "um . . . Iron Man?", "Not Iron Man.", "Why do you look exactly like me?", "Because I love you!". Love Hurts. At which point Janet turns around, walks back to Ms. Marvel and says, "um . . does anyone know where my ex-husband is?". Wonder Man asks why. And Janet says, "Because Ultron is back, and it's destroying the world. And it killed Tony Stark to do it." Nice cliff-hanger, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment