Saturday, May 26, 2007

Manhunter #30 - DC


The only thing I'm really sorry for, with this book, is that I didn't get on board sooner. When it first came out, I just thought, "Yay. Another ManHunter." I felt kind of let down by the last 2 incarnations, so I really didn't know if I should stick my neck out for another. But, I gotta tell you, I really enjoyed the last 6 or 7 issues. I got sucked in with the Blue Beetle storyline. And I liked it so much, and the developing Wonder Woman storyline, that I went back and picked up the 3 or 4 issues before that, that were still on the shelves. And like I said, overall I've been pretty pleased with it. There's a great group of characters here. Of course Kate and her son Ramsey, but then there's Cameron, her sister Terry and her boyfriend Dylan, and of course Mark Shaw whom the Order of St Dumas is desperately trying to bring back in to their fold. Oh, I almost forgot Trapp, the resident bad guy whom always seems to be lurking over on of their shoulders. Anyways, fantastic cast of characters. Also this issue we find out that the Grand Jury has decided not to indict Wonder Woman for the death of Max Lord. This is a huge relief for everyone involved. And on top of all that, there really is a good creative team on this book also. Marc Andreyko is the writer. He has a great grasp of all these characters, and does an excellent job with his story flow. I also like Javier Pina, the penciller. I wasn't sure at first, but he's gotten better with every issue I've read. And his feel for this book and the story is near perfect. Finally, the last bit of good news, since this was the last issue . . . . "To be Continued! Really! We have a next issue!". Awesome! The next issue blurb says that Kate will return later this summer. Fantastic! I didn't really care, a couple of months ago, but now . . . I can't wait for the story to pick back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment