Sunday, May 20, 2007

Batman Strikes #32 - DC


Back to my kids books. "But they're fun dad!" They really are. This issue Robin does a little homework. He's studying how to beat a room full of villains. As he's reading through the book, actually a battle log I think, he's finding out that Batman actually does have a sense of humor. Who knew? He also finds out that Batman has everything wired for voice command, and everything has a code word. Robin asks, "Are my bat-shorts booby trapped too?" But hey if you're going to live in the world of espionage, you have to have some secret gadgets. Edison's Medicine, and all that. Anyways, it comes down to, even though Batman looks like he's winging it sometimes, he's actually following a very specific battle plan. I think he just likes to ad-lib every now and then, to make it look like he's just that lucky. I really like this book. Actually this whole line of books, the Johnny DC titles. They're fun to read and they aren't doom and gloomy. And like I said, they're good for lighting the imagination of a new audience.