Sunday, May 06, 2007

52 - Week Forty Seven - DC


We're getting closer and closer to wrapping this up. And I know that by the time I'm writing this, some of you have already wrapped it up. But, I'm trying to post sequentially here, so I'm a few weeks behind in the real world. Sorry. But I do have a day job. And when I do this, I try not to rush it to much. I'd like to write what I actually feel about the books I'm reading. I'm just hoping that I may be able to help someone decide to try something new, or maybe just read something they haven't picked up in a while. Or . . . at the very least, just put my opinion out there. But anyways, with this issue, we tap in to all of our characters, really. We start out with Tim, waiting for Bruce, in Nada Parabat, to exit from a cave in which he has sealed himself to go through the Thorgal Ordeal. " . . if he survives . . . he will be changed." After the desert incident, when Bruce and Tim were in Vashnu, he was told about a ritual practiced by the monks of Nada Parabat. And that's how they ended up here. Next we see Manheim and Intergang, still trying to fulfill the prophecies of the Book of Evil. In an argument about their failed attempts, they realize that Kate Kain, is who they're talking about. We even get a glimpse at Oolong island, where we see another of Dr. Magnus' failed attempts at bringing back his Metal Men. Next we're in outer space, where, with the help of some interfering alien race, Buddy has come back to life and has tapped in to the life force of a Sun-Eater to survive space. Somehow, with the Sun-Eaters powers he taps in to space B. "From here you can access any point in space or time in this, your universe." But, when he looks in on his home, he's actually seeing in a short while in the future, and his wife Ellen . . . is with another man. Then in Metropolis we see Natasha putting her new Steel armor through the paces. Garfield is trying to get her to join the Titans, but her and John Henry are re-opening the Steelworks. And she eludes that they're trying to put their own team together. I think they're trying to help some of Luthor's "Everymen" that are still out there. Plus, I've heard rumors that Steel will be leading the new Infinity Inc. team. Renee and Nightwing go to Kate's apartment to help her, but it appears that they've arrived to late. The apartment is tore up, and Kate is gone. And finally we go back to Nada Parabat to see Diana trying to get some sage advice from Rama Kushna. And on the final page, we see Bruce emerging from the cave. He looks a little rough, but renewed and revitalized. But nothing more on that . . . . until next issue. I can fell things coming together here in the end of this series. I'm just wondering how it's all going to fit together, and the effects it will have on all of our characters. And . . No! . . I haven't read ahead, so I don't know what's going to happen. I want to see it unfold just as everyone else does. I really like this series and concept. I really hope they uphold the integrity in the new Countdown series.

No comments:

Post a Comment