Sunday, July 27, 2008

Young X-Men #4 - Marvel



I knew it. I've known it since issue #1. I knew this wasn't Scott that's been mucking about with these kids. This issue confirms it. I do feel kind of bad for the kids now though, because they're actually the victims here. I figured with Bobby's connections, the old 'New Mutants' gang was probably hanging out at the Hellfire Club because they don't really have any other ties right now. I didn't think they were actually the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. They didn't really expect us to swallow that . . did they? It wasn't who I thought, though, replacing Scott. It turns out that it's Pierce that's been impersonating him. He's called out, just as the kids are running a mission on the Hellfire Club, and they're trying to throw-down with Sam and Bobby. Of course it is like 5 to 2 though, so . . maybe the odds aren't that bad. But, during the middle of the scuffle, they loose contact with Scott . . Pierce, because he's got problems of his own back at the mansion. Or what's left of it. I like this book, I like these characters, and I really hope that they succeed. I mean, considering the last 2 series they've been in, they've probably been around for 3 to 4 years now. So they're not exactly 'brand new'. My only complaint? If you've been following me, you know what it's gonna be . . . Yanick Paquette. First of all I just don't really like his style. Secondly . . I'd just like to see a much stronger artist here. Marc Guggenheim seems to be unraveling . . or raveling (?) . . a pretty meaty story here. This was a pretty stable book . . until recently. Now? Now it's all up in the air. And this is an outstanding group of characters they have to draw from for this team. I just think they deserve better representation. But, it's just my opinion. I'm still gonna buy the book, because I want to see what happens. But, I'll keep thinking . . I could enjoy it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment