Friday, July 18, 2008

Wolverine First Class #4 - Marvel


Ok, so I guess the various story-arcs in this book will be like chapters in Wolverine's life. Except . . you know . . from a long time ago . . ' . in the beginning .' type stuff. Anyways, this first chapter is about one of Wolverine's first outings with Kitty. She had really just joined the X-Men and she and Logan have gone off to investigate the High Evolutionary and his New-men. I thought the story was . . ok . . if not a bit predictable. I enjoyed seeing this younger Kitty, and of course Wolverine is one of my favorite characters. But, really, this story was more about the New-men and their struggles. Like I said, it was interesting, but not my favorite batch of characters. So I feel like I was just reading it to read it. I wasn't really getting in to it, and I didn't really care what the outcome was, as long as Kitty and Logan got out unscathed. Which they did. So as far as Fred Van Lente's story . . I'd have to give it, probably, a B-. Now the artwork of Salva Espin, I thought was great. He draws some great animal characters. And I thought, he almost had a Mike Wieringo style to him. Mike was always one of my favorite artists, so . . it was nice to see the style again. The opening spread page reminded me a lot of Mike's work on Tellos. Anyways, the next story-arc is about Wolverine's day in Alpha-Flight, so . . it should be a bit more action packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment