Saturday, July 12, 2008

Batman and the Outsiders #8 - DC


When Nightwing's Outsider book was cancelled . . I was upset. I really, really liked the team, and for a brief moment, I thought that I wouldn't be able to see them in action, every month, anymore. Then, shortly after, it was announced there would be a new Outsider team, with Batman at the helm, merging some of the old with some of the new. I was skeptical, but . . I liked the 'old' Outsider characters also. We got some of them with Katana, Metamorpho, and next issue . . . Looker? But we also got some newbies with Batgirl, Ollie, Dr Salah operating the Remac, and according to the Gotham Underground series . . the Penguin? This is really the way the team should operate. There should be a core group, but then there should also be some members that are in flux. It's the obvious way to put together the best test for each specific operation. Ultimately, that's what Batman's trying to do. Nightwing isn't part of the team anymore, however he, and Thunder, are there for them this issue. Without their intervention, and Remac's, they may not have made it home. But they do . . and it was an awesome ride. I love the way these characters interact together. I think Chuck Dixon is doing a phenomenal job with this story. But there's still one more Outsider that hasn't been returned home . . Metamorpho. He's up flying a space-shuttle around the moon right now, and trying to stop a giant laser-beam that's attempting to blow it up. I think the Outsiders may be heading in that direction next issue . . lunar! I'd also like to say that Juian Lopez, and Bit's artwork is simply amazing. They've brought such a cool look to this book . . that it's hard to miss the old one. But . . I do. Even though this one is superior.

No comments:

Post a Comment