Monday, July 14, 2008

Project Superpowers #4 - Dynamite Entertainment


This series gets better and better with every issue. I'm becoming more and more impressed with Carlos Paul's artwork. At first . . . issue #1 . . I was a little skeptical. The main thing I was worried about, was . . . how was this newcomer going to keep up with Jim Krueger and Alex Ross. Those are some pretty heavy hitters there. This series had an awful lot of hype. How is this relative newcomer going to adequately illuminate the genius scripts that they would be giving him. Would he be up to the challenge? Well . . after 4 issues, I'd have to give that a resounding 'Hell Ya!'. The artworks not perfect. But . . it is very good. And I can see it improving with every issue. This issue, we're finally getting some of these heroes, that were trapped in the urn for all these years, back together. Now that the Green Lama has taken over Manhattan, from the Dynamic Family, and has made it the new Shangri-la, he's asked the Black Terror, the first out of the urn, to go around the world and start gathering up all the heroes and bring them back to their nirvana. "I sense a new impulse to your presence in this world. It's no longer natural, or fully human. I think having been in the urn has changed you. Changed you all. I want you to go to where the others are. I can locate them by targeting our former allies' vibrations. Find them, one by one, and bring them here." It seems all of the heroes were affected by their situation. Even the Fighting Yank and the American Spirit are changing. I'm really impressed by Jim and Alex's work here. The sheer number of characters they've created is just staggering. And then to build this whole world around them . . it's really amazing. I'm thrilled by every issue of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment