Sunday, July 06, 2008

the Spirit #18 - DC


This one . . . was a snoozer!! Yawn!! I got my hopes up after reading last issue. It seemed like maybe we were making a turn towards a little more adult humor. This issue . . . what little humor there was . . was weak and witless. By the time I got to the end of the book I didn't care who stole the damn mummies or why. I just wanted it to be done so I could read something else. They tried to throw a little intrigue into the book with the Octopus. They always just show his hands. They won't show who he actually is. But after reading this issue . . I don't really care who he is because whomever it is . . . is only mildly less lame than the Spirit. And Dolan's daughter? She needs to get a clue. How many times are you going to let a man dog you out, but yet you keep coming back for more. Hello!! Now I'm just trying to find something to talk about. I'm sorry! I don't like it! It's dull and boring and as a reader I don't really care about the characters or the story. I try! But it hasn't gotten any better. Snoozer!

No comments:

Post a Comment