Saturday, July 12, 2008

DC/Wildstorm: Dreamwar #3 - DC/Wildstorm


First of all, I think Keith Giffin is doing a fantastic job with this story. He's doing an incredible job of meshing the DC and WildStorm Universes together. We get the first insight as to what the Dreamwar motif is this issue. We get glimpses of somebody . . at first I thought it was Grifter . . sleeping and apparently having a frenzied dream. I'm just speculating, but I'm thinking that he's the one actually dreaming up this whole thing. At least I hope so because in this issue, both sides start losing people at an alarming rate. I think he's the one that everyone keeps referring to . . Chimera. I also think he's some very powerful telepath, or something, that's putting all of these people . . from both sides of the pond . . . into a kind of virtual reality universe. But I'm just guessing. This issue, though, Element Lad, Ollie and Batman are all killed. As well as Zealot, who basically took her own life . . fighting Batman. It isn't until the end that everyone starts to question their actions. Superman's talking to Hal and he says, "Hal . . Ollie's dead. Why . . why didn't it matter to us? He was your best friend. Why didn't it matter!? . . . What are we doing? . . . . J'onn? . . . Tell me who Chimera is." Lee Garbett is illustrating this series, and I also think he is doing an incredible job. The pages of this book, and the panels within them, all look spectacular. Of course it may help that Trevor Scott is doing the inks and finishes. But, if that's so . . . all I can say is . . . keep it up! The book looks terrific. At first I thought this series was basically going to be a throw-away. I thought it would end up being this imaginary type story that wouldn't have any lasting effects on either side. But . . I may be wrong. I think there's more to it than that. But . . with 3 issues to go . . they aren't going to give away anything to soon. We'll just have to keep reading and see where they're going with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment