Saturday, July 19, 2008

Billy Batson and the Magic of SHAZAM! #1 - DC


We have a new addition here to the kids line of comics. However, this issue, there was so much information in it . . . I don't think any kid younger than a teenager would've been able to keep up. We pretty much got the whole story about Billy and Mary's origin. We also see that Seth Adam is back, but he's a kid here also. Maybe a few years older, but still a kid. Mike Hunkel writes and draws it. Overall . . I thoroughly enjoyed it. With the style of art he uses, it really came across like an animated feature. I could totally see the whole thing on the TV screen. He writes in a lot of humor, for the kids, too. I really thought it helped to make it that much more enjoyable. I'm a big SHAZAM! fan . . so it immediately drew my attention. And after reading it . . I thought it was a good addition to my SHAZAM! collection. Plus, I figure, it'll get some kids into him that maybe have never heard of him before. Where Super Friends and Tiny Titans are definitely aimed at the kids in the single digits . . this one, conversely, I feel, is aimed at a little older crowd . . teens or pre-teens. But the marketing not withstanding . . . I liked it. I enjoyed the story . . it had the right amount of humor and sarcasm, and I really liked the art. I think it's a great addition to the Johnny DC line.

No comments:

Post a Comment