Saturday, July 26, 2008

Angel: Revelations #2 - Marvel


I think Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa has put together a good origin story here. I especially like the way he's portraying Angel, the main character, and how he's reacting to the changes he's going through. He's the spoiled rich character, but . . he's not. I think he's knows what he's got and appreciates it, but at the same time . . he knows what others expect of him . . how they expect him to act. I think, at his core, he's not really that person. But if he was to act the way he felt, instead of how other perceive him . . he'd probably be more of an outcast than if . . he had wings coming out of his back. He's trying to defend this little sophomore, Andrew Palmer, but by doing so he may be separating himself even farther from his 'friends'. And by befriending him, he may have exposed his secret to him also. It's a story that gets you thinking. Warren isn't the shallow rich-kid that everyone thinks he is. But, as thought provoking as the story is, the real star of this book is Adam Pollina. I always like his stuff back on X-Force, but he's kind of adapted a different style with this book. And you can tell he's kind of experimenting with it as he goes along. It really is perfect for this book. It fits the story and the character perfectly. I thought that this would be a decent book, but I didn't really expect this much from it. I like it . . alot!

No comments:

Post a Comment