Sunday, July 27, 2008

Wonder Woman #22 - DC


This is a great book. Although, I'm not sure where Gail Simone's heads at. I've never seen her write anything like this . . it's got to be uncharted territory, but . . it's fantastic. However, when I read it I think two things . . either this would make a great movie or novel, or . . this would make a awesome video-game. I know, completely different, but . . I just get that feeling for some reason. Maybe it's the majesty of the Princess and the realm she's in, her accomplices, or the whole sword & sorcery aspect. Also, I have to say, Aaron Lopresti is a genius. I remember when I first saw him, way back when, in the Ultraverse on Sludge. Even then I thought he was a huge talent. But now? Now I think the guys incredible. I don't know that I've ever seen Wonder Woman look more beautiful or more menacing at the same time. And as beautiful as that horse on the cover is, the white apes in Diana's apartment look even better. The guy can draw anything. Anyways, with the story, by the end of the book Diana obtains the shard of the Rock of Eternity from Stalker. And with it she brings D'grth back to our world. She thinks that'll give her an advantage. Which she'll need if she has any hope of beating this guy. Meanwhile it seems that Tresser is getting closer and closer to finding out Diana's secret. I really like the addition of all these long-lost DC characters to this story . . . Beowulf, Stalker, Claw . . they fit in perfect with the theme of this issue. My only concern is that it looks like Aaron will only be around 1 more issue, for the end of this story, and then he'll just be around for the covers. That's sad! Hopefully though we'll see him somewhere else around the DC Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment