Saturday, July 26, 2008

Green Arrow and Black Canary #10 - DC


The thing I like about Judd Winick's stories are how much fun he brings to them. This issue, for example, is full of action. Our group of heroes have come face to face with the League of Assassins. But we've got a pretty good little group put together here. And the interaction between them is hilarious. We've got Plastic Man in this group. Of course he's gonna' be a cut-up. Also, Batman has joined in, obviously. Although, I think he's here more for the League than necessarily for Connor. But I'm sure he does feel Ollie's pain. I know everyone won't agree with me, but I think Mike Norton is doing a pretty good job with the pencils on this series. I like his style. Sure I wish Cliff Chiang was still drawing it, but hey . . at least we get a cover out of him. I looked ahead in the preview, to see if maybe Cliff would be coming back to us, but . . . it looks like this is the creative team for the foreseeable future. But that's ok. Judd writes good action, and Mike draws it well. When it comes down to it, that's all we can ask for. This book is still in my top . . probably, 12, picks every month. I really like it alot . . . the characters and the writing. The art too, if I must confess. If you've read my personal info you know that I'm a big music buff also. Anyways, when I read a book, or write about it, I like to pick out some music that helps me with the motivation. For some reason when I picked up this book I thought of Karn Evil 9, by ELP. So that's what I'm listening to while doing this blog. I gotta say . . it's doing the trick. Sorry! Just wanted to share that with you.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't care for this issue as much as the last few. The addition of Batman was cool, but other than that, I don't really see the point in The League Of Assassins involvement in the plot. I'm sticking with it though. I also prefered Chiang's penciling, but I agree that this fella's okay too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get a chance to check out the blog where you can read comics on-line? I put the link in my list. It's ok for the stuff I don't usually buy. But to me, it's just not the same. I guess I'm just a traditionalist.

    ReplyDelete