Saturday, July 12, 2008

DC Super Friends #4 - DC


What a cheesy cream-puff of a story. And I'm not just saying that because of the cover. I really want to like this book. I love the characters. But . . and I knew this going in to it, it's written for kids. I know! So are all the rest of the Johnny DC books. But, at least with the Titans and Legion, even though they're simple stories . . there's still enough substance there that it's enjoyable . . even for the more . . mature readers. This book though, I would guess, is written strictly for the 7 to 10 year old. And even then, it's dummied way down. I almost get a tooth-ache reading this title. But, I grew up with the original Super-friends, so . . I had to give it a shot. However, I'm beginning to regret that. I don't think this book will be around that much longer. And if it is . . I won't be. I'm just upset that this is the reason that Justice League Unlimited was cancelled. Or at least it's the replacement for it's absence. That's sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment