Saturday, July 26, 2008

Joker's Asylum: Penguin #1 - DC


Ok. With this book . . Bring Me to Life by Evanescence popped into my head. I'm not sure why. So as I'm writing this, it's blasting out of my computer speakers. What an awesome song! The thing that really gets me about it is Amy Lee's voice. It's . . haunting. Sorry. Anyways, I have to admit this issue of Asylum was better than the last. I'm sorry, but I just thought the Joker issue was a let down. This issue also didn't have much murder and mayhem. At least not directly portrayed. However, in this issue, there was a lot of implied violence. By that I mean, the Penguin took care of things, people, the way he takes care of them . . without getting his own hands dirty. But you know who delivered the killing stroke. I thought Jason Aaron did a really good job with this story. We see a roller-coaster of emotion go through Oswald's being. You kind of felt sorry for the guy . . not the heinous acts of violence that were a result of his misery, but for the little fella' . . ya, I could feel his pain. But what I was really looking forward to with this book was Jason Pearson's art. He's the guy who did Body Bags for Dark Horse. I think he's great but he hasn't done a whole lot of work between then and now. Just a few issues here and there. Which is really a shame because the guys incredibly talented. Anyways, It'll be interesting to see what they do with the Poison Ivy one, next.

No comments:

Post a Comment