Saturday, July 07, 2007

Welcome to Tranquility #7 - Wildstorm



First I want to say that Gail Simone is turning in some fantastic stories here. We're really getting to know these characters. Also Neil Googe's art is phenomenal. Isn't WildStorm a creator owned company? Why doesn't he just bring Bazooka Jules here? I guess that's up to him. Anyways, he really seems to be expanding his talent on this book. Or maybe he's just trying out new stuff. Either way, it's impressive. Like I've already said, I really expect him to be the next Todd McFarlane. Artistic wise that is. I'm not saying his work is similar to Todd's. I mean that as far as originality and style, he's going to be in Todd's league. Last issue we finally wrapped up who killed Mr. Articulate. But in the process, Gail opened a whole bunch of other story-lines. This issue we get the jump on a couple of them. She starts expanding on the Sheriff's story. We deal with Mr. Hate a little bit. Heck, we even see our Gen13'ers that have come to this town to look for a little sanctuary. And in the back we get a little back-up story about Thunder Bunny, or whatever her name is. It's funny, it's prequeled by "Spank Magazine presents: Comics men like!" And then we see Suze in the shower. This is really what I like about Gail's writing, the humor that she infuses it with. It's not jokes and yucks and stuff, it sarcastic, ironic, biting humor. Great stuff. I'm really diggin' this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment