Thursday, July 26, 2007

JSA Classified #27 - DC


Just from this issue to the last, Matt Haley is gone as penciller. Gordon Purcell finishes up for him this issue. Doesn't really matter to me either way. I just thought that Matt did a pretty good job with last issue. I would've liked to have seen how he wrapped up this story. But I guess is wasn't meant to be. Frank Tieri still finishes up the scripts though. This story seems to be about Joe the Slob and his abduction of Ma Hunkle. But I think it's more about filling us in on some of WildCat's past. Also it kind of puts an ending on to the SportsMaster story. I don't know if this is the last we'll see of him. But if not, he's definitely going to be changed when we do see him again. Also, this whole story was set up, I think, to let us know that Darkseid has something planned. WildCat has noticed that criminals are showing up with weapons and tech that they shouldn't be privy too. So, he wonders, where are they getting it. Well when Joe is incarcerated, at the end of this issue, Desaad shows up to tell him that his boss, Darkseid, is not happy with his performance. And since there is only one price for failure, he kills him. So while we did learn something about WildCat, and we did see, maybe(?), the beginning of SportsMasters next phase, I really think the whole point of this story, was to be the opening salvo of the huge Darkseid story that's coming. So far we know that Firestorm has gone to Apokolips, Sleez has told Jimmy Olsen that right now Darkseid can be killed, and now Desaad has shown his hand. Don't know how all the pieces fit together, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. From what I understand, it's supposed to be a pretty big blow-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment