Saturday, July 14, 2007

Stormwatch - Post Human Division #8 - Wildstorm


Hey, we get to see Andy Smith back in action this issue. He's a guy, I remember, from being the inker over Bart Sears pencils over at Valiant in X-O Man-O-war. I thought those 2 were fantastic together. I think he did some other stuff after that, but I don't think I've seen him in quite a long time. But apparently he's back now. Good to see you again, bub. Christos Gage writes this book. I'm not sure what he's done before, but I like his style. We've gotten some good stories out of these first couple of story-arcs, but we've also gotten to know all these fantastic characters. This issue we finally get a look at Skywatch, and the StormWatch Prime personnel. Jackson King has invited the PHD team up to try to get to know some of the people. He says it's for interaction between the 2 groups. But later on he reveals to John, "I don't just want PHD to do things Prime can't. If, god forbid, Prime is ever compromised . . ever goes bad . . I want you to be able to take us down. And to do that you need to become familiar with our strengths . . . and weaknesses." And then he ends up shot in the head. So now John, being a cop, has to take over the situation, put the whole building in lock-down, and try to figure out who did this. Maybe it's just me, but I think this is all a test. I don't think he's really shot, or maybe it's not really him. But I think this is going to be an elaborate test to gauge PHD's abilities. But . . I could be wrong. Guess we'll have to wait until next issue to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment