Saturday, July 21, 2007

Aquaman : Sword of Atlantis #53 - DC


I like this story. I love the character. But right now . . . I gotta say . . . it's a bit confusing. First we have Tempest, who has just recently come back in to the story. He still as his powers, but he can no longer breath underwater. This new Arthur, has gone back to Sub-Diego, my guess is to wrap up this out-standing storyline, and is confronting Black Manta. This is the first time that Manta finds out that Aquaman is actually dead. This other one . . . is something different. Then we have this octopus guy, I forget his name, who is from Dyss and he is always talking about their god, Urlok, who is supposed to come back and rule the world. Mixed up in all of this is the Thorny Crown. They're some kind of priestly order that goes back to the Knights of Tethys, out of Atlantean myth. Meanwhile, in Dyss, is the man (?) who killed Aquaman. He's conflicted about his actions. In this city he's a hero. But he doesn't feel heroic about what he did. In fact he feels guilty, because as he was killing him, Aquaman mentions that he knows him, and who he is. Now back in San-Diego, we have Professor Curry, the current Aquaman's father, and he is being questioned by Krusivax. He is the son of Kordax. And somehow this new Arthur is his key to recovering his stolen heritage, I'm sure as perceived by him, and thereby taking Atlantis. Well the Sub-Diego story-line finishes with the Shark King biting off Manta's face. Thereby sending him scurrying in retreat. And in Atlantis, Mera has discovered that King Orin's body, in the coffin, has turned entirely to water. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the Lady of the Lake thing. You know when his hand was turned to water. Anyways, there's an awful lot of things going on here. And while I know that they're all connected . . . right now . . . they don't feel that way. Which therein lies my confusion. I hope this all starts to come together soon, because I'd hate to see them lose the reader's interest, and like so many other books now, face impending cancellation. So I guess we'll just have to wait to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment