Saturday, July 14, 2007

Spawn #167 - Image



Ok, I went and got the one I missed. Actually it was a pretty good book. I really didn't expect to get much out of it. I read #168, so I figured I probably knew what was going to happen in this one. I really didn't expect much. But . . . I was pleasantly surprised. I actually learned more about the story than I thought I would. I really like how they're playing Wynn's character. He's still a devil . . . kind of . . . but not an actual one. Just figuratively. But with Jason, that's more than enough. And like I said with #168, it's really good to see Sam & Twitch playing a more active role. I like that although everyone accepts the "white-light incident", they're all still a little leery. And although everyone knows that it's kind-of a restart, people have taken that in different ways. Al/Spawn expected everyone to see the chance to begin anew, as a rebirth, or a way to do, or accomplish, or a way of taking care of things that may have been left undone, or just unfinished. Which is true. But, not everyone takes the positive or hopeful or even good approach. The dark natures are showing back up again. And this time, I think they're even darker. I mean look how easy it is for the Clown to turn this whole apartment complex upside down. He's not even doing anything. Just whispering. Like Jason. Even though he's not an actual demon now. I think he may be even darker than he was before. Anyways nice story-arc. I like that the Spawn universe has changed, and how they're handling it. I also think that Brian Haberlin's pencils are very crisp and clean. And in a book as dark as this one, I think that adds to the overall eerie effect. I'm more in to this book now, than I have been for a very long time. Oh, I think I forgot to mention, Greg Capulla's back on covers too. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment