Sunday, July 22, 2007

Catwoman #68 - DC


Last issue we ended with Natasha getting ready to kill Catwoman, and Boris knocking on her apartment door, looking to kill Karon and Helena. I don't remember if Boris & Natasha are their real names. But that's what I'm calling them. Anyways this issue, they're looking to finish the job. I like Will Pfeifer's stories. I like how he's trying to give Selina her own cast of characters. Although he did kill off the Detective last issue. But right now, everything that Catwoman is doing is for the safety of Helena, Karon, and Holly. And it's much more intense and moving than her usual motivations. And why are Boris & Natasha after her? Because she beat them last time. They were humiliated because they were beaten by a woman. A woman who dresses like a cat. But in the end Catwoman beats her with her whip. And . . a little help from Holly. I've always been a fan of Catwoman. I loved it when Jim Balent was doing the series. But like all good things . . . that came and went. She floundered a bit after that. But she seemed better than ever when they brought her back. Like I said, I really think Will is doing a good job with these stories. My only complaint is that I wish we had a better artist. David Lopez isn't bad. I'm actually getting used to him on this book. But I don't think his style really lends itself to the type of action we have in this title. He's trying. And sometimes it almost works. But his art is simple. Which is not a bad thing. But I just don't think he's necessarily the right choice for this book. I mean look at that cover. It's a pretty simple picture. But it's got action and emotion written all over it. I know we'll probably never get Adam Hughes to do the interiors. But, I think the title would be much more exciting if they could get someone that could convey some intensity. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but that's how I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment