Sunday, July 15, 2007

Batman Confidential #6 - DC


This issue wraps up the first story-arc of this series. It proves two things. First that Andy Diggle is amazing with these military type stories. He has an incredible eye for detail, and appears to be a more than adequate strategist. Secondly, to me, it proves that Bruce Wayne is much more intelligent than Lex Luthor. I know that there's some people that would argue that with me. But, whenever they have a dealing with each other, Bruce continues to come up with the trump card. I don't chalk it up to coincidence. But Luthor always has an ace up his sleeve also. After Batman foils his plans, he finds out that he hasn't actually been dealing with Luthor. But rather a robot, "A puppet. Remote-operated by a neural relay system . . . designed by WayneTech." That is when Bruce decided to take his company out of the weapons research, and military applications, and into humanitarian needs. "As of today, Wayne Enterprises and it's subsidiaries are withdrawing from the defense sector. From this moment onward, the work of the companies that bear my father's name will be about saving lives, not taking lives. And it is in my father's name that I hereby establish the Wayne Foundation . . ." These are the Batman stories that I like. The ones that show a different side of the Legend. Of course it didn't hurt that Whilce Portacio did all the artwork on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment