Saturday, July 28, 2007

Streets of Glory - Preview - Avatar Press


This is another addition to the Western titles on the rack now. Currently I'm reading Jonah Hex, and Loveless. But it looks like I'm going to have a third now. This is actually a preview, so it only give us about 6 or 8 pages of the story so far. It looks like it's going to be a pretty realistic one. Which is going to make it bloody and gruesome. And with Garth Ennis writing it, you know that it's going to give us something to think about also. The best part of this particular issue, is in the back where Garth has printed a letter talking about why he loves the Western genre so much. He has a list of his favorite Western movies. And talks a little bit about the difference between them and reality. Which, I think, is what he wants this book to show. He wants it to be a truer account of what the times were really like. If terrorists and mercenaries wanted to see how good they really were, we should send them back to this time of American History, and see how long they'd really last. Anyways, it should prove to be an interesting book. I can't wait for the first issue to come out. Also on Garth's recommendation, I think I'm going to check out Strange Killings by Warren Ellis also. Garth and Warren are 2 of my favorite writers. So if Garth recommends it . . . . it's gotta be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment