Sunday, July 08, 2007

PainkillerJane - Episode 12 - Something Nasty in the Neighborhood - SciFi Channel


I have to admit, this episode has a pretty good story. I don't know if it was right for this series. But it was a decent story. Same complaint as always, the under utilization of the title character. Isn't there a law against that or something. Anyways, Jane does have to use her powers this episode because there's this Neuro that's brainwashed this whole town. She finds out that when she is subjected to pain, as she does this episode by burning her hand on the stove, it has a tendency to help to clear her head. In effect, clearing out the cobwebs. The biggest part of this story though, is that in the process of their investigation, Maurene, "MO", gets shot and killed. This really upsets Jane. As we've seen from her origin story, when her mother died, she doesn't take loss well. But I have a feeling this is going to cement her more with her team. When she lost her mom, she had no one. Now . . . her team is her family. I don't know. Like I said, it was a decent story . . . I just with they would showcase Jane more. Like I've said in previous blogs, I understand the approach their taken. Hell I even like the idea of the team and the Neuros. My problem is that this is not who Jane is. This series is supposed to be based on the comic books, but this is not the same Jane as the comics. So why call it this. They could've developed their own character, and probably paid a lot less for the royalties. It doesn't make sense to me. But then . . . I guess that's not my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment