Monday, April 20, 2009

the X Files #6 - WildStorm


Overall, I enjoyed this series. I watched this show during it's hey-day, so . . I feel like I'm intimately familiar with these characters. I think that all the creators, throughout these 7 issues, lived up to the feel and ideal of that original series. When reading the issues, I swear I could hear the theme-song, while looking at the title page. And while reading about Fox and Dana's adventures, I swear I could hear their voices. No I'm not crazy. Well . . maybe a little. The only problem I really had with this series is that, with all the new shows out there pushing the envelope of story-telling even farther . . this one just seemed a little dated. However, while reading this last issue, I realized that if I just quit looking at it that way, that I could actually enjoy the story. I think this series has some possibility. I'm not sure if WildStorm is going to explore it any farther, but . . I think there could be a market again out there for this. Or . . I could be wrong. Maybe it's all just wishful thinking on my part. Anyways, I like the way this story-line wrapped up, and I think Doug Moench and Brian Denham did a terrific job here. I haven't been buying any of the franchised stuff that WildStorm has been putting out . . except for this. But . . I loved the show, and I have a whole long-box of X Files comics. I know. I'm obsessed. But hey, knowing you have a problem is the first step. Right?

1 comment:

  1. Add another crazy to the list. I had the theme running through my head when looking at the opening panels. I quite enjoyed the series and it did remind me a lot of the original X-Files series.

    ReplyDelete