Saturday, April 04, 2009

Spawn #190 - Image


I really like the way this 'new direction' on this book is rolling out. Todd McFarlane and Brian Holguin are writing it, and it seems like they're really taking their time to make sure that everything unfolds just the way it should. And of course, Whilce Portacio's art is incredible, as always. This issue seems to be mostly about giving us information. Someone has finally realized that Jim is in Sara's care, and have come looking for him. Luckily, Jim stepped out shortly before that happened. We also find out that there's a connection between Jim and Al. Maybe. At least there is between he and Wanda. It appears that he showed up on Wanda's doorstep about 5 years ago, then right when Terry shows up he passes out. Obviously he doesn't remember any of this. But, after looking into his eyes, Wanda realizes that he's messed up in all of this heaven and hell crap that she's been dealing with forever. "My god! You're one of them aren't you? I see it in your eyes. And if you don't even know you're a part of their madness, I . . I'm sorry, Jim, but I can't help you. I just can't do that anymore. Not again. But I know where you might find some answers . . or whatever you're looking for. That's the best I can do." She directs him to the alley where he finds Spawn's chair . . throne, if you will. When he sits down, the Spawn identity envelopes him, and . . he sees an angel. "Greetings, brother. It's good to see another of God's elite." I'm not quite sure what that's all about. Anyways, Sam & Twitch also seem to be playing a larger role in this series, the 'new direction'. They're also looking into what happened at St Anthony's and how it ties to the Nortega Cartel. They also have suspicions that Spawn is involved, but . . they think he may be different, or changed. This series is really getting exciting again. Every issue leaves you wanting more. I'm glad this book is at the top of my list again. That's where it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment