Monday, April 20, 2009

Rampaging Wolverine #1 - Marvel


I picked this one up for the heck of it. The cover by Nelson is what got my attention, but then when I looked on the inside . . it looked interesting. Apparently it's a one-shot . . that's what it says on the credit page. I didn't know if maybe they were trying to do something like the Batman: Black & White books. Basically, it's got 4 short stories, all about Logan . . obviously. The writer's include Joshua Hale Fialkov, Chris Yost, Robin Furth and Ted McKeever. The art is done by Paco Diaz Luque, Mateus Santoiouco, Nelson and Ted McKeever. They're all very different stories that show different aspects of Logan's personality. As far as relativity . . they could fit almost anywhere in Logan's life. There's nothing overly specific about any of them. Nothing that would disrupt or fit into specific continuity. They're just stories about Logan. 'A Day in the Life', as it were. It was an ok book. I don't know if it was worth the $3.99 price tag, but . . if you're a Wolverine fan, you probably had to buy it. Plus, there is all the hype because of the movie coming out soon. So they have to cash in any way they can. So I guess my recommendation is . . if you're an X-Men fanatic . . take a shot. If you're not . . take a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment