Friday, April 17, 2009

Batman Confidential #28 - DC


I really liked this story arc. And it wasn't just because Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez did the art. Although that was a definite plus. Speaking of which, if Jose does any future work, they should really try to get Kevin Nowlan to do his inks again. The team-up or those two's talent was brilliant. They work really complimented each other's. I'm just sayin'. Nunzio DeFilippis and Christina Weir wrote the story. First of all I liked the way that they took this relatively unknown character . . I think he only appeared on the TV series a couple of times . . and updated him to fit into the 21st century mythos. His origins and motivations were very convincing. I also enjoyed the interaction and dialogue between Batman and the Riddler. I assume this was one of their first team-ups. But what I really liked about these 3 issues is how they seemed to have the look and feel of the 70's style comics. This story could easily have been run in Batman or Detective during that time period and it would've fit right in. It really gave me a nostalgic feeling for this character. Anyways, having said that, the story doesn't really end here. Carson was the one who was actually going to steal the museum's money. She was going to use Victor as the scape-goat. Victor however, saw it as a sign and assumed his new identity. Well, at the end of this issue, it appears that Carson has bought into it also. She goes to visit Victor in prison and tells him, "Tutenaten . . we will destroy the Bat who hounds us both. I am with you . . . you are King Tut reborn, I am your Queen . . Ankhesanamum . . brought back by Aten to join you. Please my love . . call me Ankh." I think we're going to see these couple pop up again . . someplace. Overall, I thought it was an enjoyable story-arc.

1 comment:

  1. nice review-i liked this 3 parter

    i am going to read
    the next 10 issues
    you have me curious

    ReplyDelete