Wednesday, April 01, 2009

WildCATS #9 - WildStorm

Is that cover cool, or what? Majestros is truly the master of his domain. And this issue the WildCATs finally go out to Hawaii to see what's really going on. Plus, they got kind of a cryptic warning from Nemesis and Backlash. Anyways, they travel out there and find the island virtually unscathed by the recent global events. This really has Hadrian confused. "I don't understand. How is Hawaii so . . unaffected I mean, Earth was moved off it's axis." To which Majestros simply replies, "I know. I put it back." Then he goes on to say how he's dealt with all the tidal waves, volcanic eruptions, storms, etc that would've occurred because of that. But he can't worry about the rest of the world because he feels they have a precarious position here. As it is he just got done fighting Argos who wanted to take over his little paradise. "Imagine if I'd been in, say, Dubai when Argos showed up. In the minutes it would've taken me to return, he could have killed everyone. I can only do so much. My life is now an endless succession of hard choices." So Hadrian begins to push a little bit, "Tomorrow, you and I will head for Asia. See what we can do. The WildCATs will protect Hawaii. What are you afraid of?" Plus, he wants go give Zealot and Grifter a chance to talk to Nemesis and Backlash to see if they can find out what's going on. It turns out that they're hanging around because they're trying to protect someone that is Majestros' prisoner. Zealot goes to investigate and finds her daughter, Savant, in a cell in the basement of the Palace. Needless to say, this should be an interesting confrontation between Zealot and Majestros next issue. I like the work that Christos Gage and Neal Googe are doing on this book. I think that they've really set this book apart from the rest of the WildStorm Universe. My only complaint is that Christos tends to focus on the characters that are most important to the story. The rest of them are left just kind of hanging around. I think he could show more interaction and character development in his stories. Maybe that's just me . . I'm just sayin'. Other than that . . I like it.

4 comments:

  1. Good review! I loved this issue too... Christos Gage is doing a bang up job, and it is nice to see Majestic again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Good review. I was directed here by a link from the offcial Wildstorm boards. Glad you're liking Gage's Wildcats. I'm going to begin following you're blog to see what else you have to say about the WS titles.
    If there are any WSU titles you're not following right now, but are interested to know what's been going on, check out the Wildstorm Resource Wiki I help moderate:

    http://wildstormresource.wetpaint.com

    It has issue synopsis starting with Wildstorm: Armageddon to the current issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travis Charest fans: What cover/pin-up is that of the Wildcats stylized logo and pile of junk as background?

    I forgot if it's a cover or a pin-up. I'm sure you Travis fans had seen that. One of the Wildcats character is in the foreground, I think, and the background is a huge pile of mechanical junk, tubings, wirings, simple machines and the Wildcats logo is part of it. I can't find that image online. Anyone knows?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Travis Charest fans: What cover/pin-up is that of the Wildcats stylized logo and pile of junk as background?

    I forgot if it's a cover or a pin-up. I'm sure you Travis fans had seen that. One of the Wildcats character is in the foreground, I think, and the background is a huge pile of mechanical junk, tubings, wirings, simple machines and the Wildcats logo is part of it. I can't find that image online. Anyone knows?

    ReplyDelete