Thursday, April 23, 2009

X-Force #14 - Marvel


We still don't now what Hope's secret, or power is, but . . I think she's the key to this whole thing. In the last chapter, Wolverine and X-Force have jumped into the future to come to Nathan's aid. However, the future they've come to is also where Stryfe is currently residing. Bishop found him, shortly after he found the sleeping god Apocalypse, and used Apocalypse to entice him to travel with him. Together, they supposedly took Apocalypse down. Now Bishop has offered Stryfe Nathan, his biological brother . . sort of. So this issue is mostly about the battle between Stryfe, Nathan and X-Force. The only ace-in-the-hole that Cable has going for him is that Stryfe still doesn't know about Hope. He's counting on Bishop not telling him either, because that would also disrupt Bishop's plans. So they're fighting Stryfe while trying to keep Hope safe. Wolverine has tasked James with that responsibility. "No matter what happens . . you're in charge of that kid. Not me, not Cable . . you. Your life, our lives . . none of it matters. You keep her breathing, you hear me?" The issue ends with Stryfe holding most of them captive, and . . Warren takes off to the Adirondacks to find a barely alive Apocalypse. "I never believed Death would come for me . . . but I'm so pleased it's you . . . my last and greatest Horseman." Wow! That's a lot of stuff to swallow for one issue. Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost do the story. Clayton Crain does the art. As usual, it's a fantastic issue. I'm not sure how all of this is going to wrap up, but . . I have a feeling it's going to be a doozy. I can't wait for the next issue of Cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment