Friday, April 17, 2009

Gen13 #29 - WildStorm


I like these characters. I really do. But the story-line that they have running through this book right now is a little . . strange. The kids are trying to make it across country to Tranquility. They figure that's the safest place for them. Well, Megan and Dr Cross are hot on their tales. The problem is, Megan is an adolescent, and Dr Cross . . is even younger. They've both been regrown out of clones, but they haven't reached maturity yet. They wanted to track the Gen13's so they had to set out in their current states. Anyways, the kids have come across a skate-park, SK8-GRA-LA. There they've come across mass hysteria, cannibalism, and someone who claims she's a Gen14, Holly Denton, Meltdown. Megans got most of them captured in some type of bubble, Sara is flying off who know's where, and Eddie is about to become part of the soup-of-the-day. Anyways, they get out of all of this, with Meltdown's help and then Megan and Dr Cross show back up in their rolling lab. Apparently Megan is offering to help them get away from all of this madness. Unfortunately there's 2 things I don't like about this book right now. The first is the story. I've appreciated Scott Beatty's talent in the past, however . . on this book I'm a little clueless as to what the direction is. The second thing I don't like is the art. I'm not criticizing Mike Huddleston's talent, but . . I just don't get it. He has a certain style that I think doesn't fit this book. Maybe it's just to be different, but to me . . it's not really working. However, as I said, I do love these characters, so I'm trying to stick around hoping that it'll get better. Nothing so far, but . . I'm gonna' keep hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment