Monday, April 13, 2009

the Mighty #3 - DC


This is an interesting book. It's actually kind of refreshing to read a book about a brand new character, because there's no preconceived notions going

in to it. So far, I think Peter J Tomasi and Keith Champagne are doing a pretty decent job here. We aren't into it far enough to know everything that's going on yet. I think there's still some motivations that we haven't seen yet. Basically, there's this hero . . Alpha One. Then there's this agency that points him in the right direction, and cleans up after him when they have to. The Captain of this Agency, who is basically Alpha One's right hand man, recently died. Gabriel Cole was promoted to Captain in his place. This issue is mostly about these two guys getting to know each other better. They're going to be working together, side-by-side, day in and day out. They have to be able to trust each other, and anticipate the others thoughts and needs. Right now Gabe is still kind of in awe. He still remembers Alpha One pulling him out of the car wreck, in which his parents were killed, when he was a kid. This is somebody he's looked up to his whole life. And maybe it's just me, but it seems like Alpha One is going a bit overboard in trying to help Gabe acclimate to his new position. It's almost like there's a man-crush going on or something. I'm probably wrong, but . . it's seems to be getting close to that. A little bro-mance maybe? I'm just playin'. I'm sure it's nothing like that, but like I said . . we don't know all the motivations to these characters yet. We're on issue #3, but . . I feel like we're really just starting to get into it. So far . . I like the way it's being handled. So . . we'll wait and see. If nothing else, it's interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment