Friday, April 17, 2009

Wolverine - Weapon X #1 - Marvel


I picked this book up on a whim. I know. I said I wasn't going to get suckered into these series, especially now because of the price of the books. But . . what can I say? I'm a sucker for Wolverine. Plus, right now, I'm not really sure if this is a mini-series, or an on-going. After reading the first issue, it could be either. Jason Aaron writes it, and Ron Garney does the art. Overall, story and art wise, I thought it was a pretty impressive book. Basically, what we have here is . . Roxxon has somehow obtained all of Canada's plans for their Weapon X project. You know . . the one that created Wolverine, Sabretooth, Maverick and others. Well there's a subsidiary of them, Blackguard that is a private military contractor. They provide security for companies operating in trouble spots all over the globe. Apparently they've gotten it in their heads to create their own batch of super-soldiers. Maverick has obtained this information and is passing it along to Logan. From there, Logan goes to Washington state to find one of Blackguards research facilities. The inside looks and smells just like what he remembers from his days at Weapon X. They even have a vat set up like the one they used to bond the Adamantium to his skeleton. The problem is . . they've got about a dozen more that look just like it. "So what the hell am I looking at here? A whole lot of killin' that needs to be done." In the back-up pages we get some info on all the characters, scientists, and just people associated with the original Weapon X project. This book has a lot of potential. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment