Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Teen Titans Annual #1 - DC


This issue is actually the opening salvo of the cross-over story . . Deathtrap. It's the story-line that's going to be crossing over between Titans, Teen Titans and Vigilante. The only question I really have is . . this whole issue I thought the attack on the Teen Titans was being carried out by a Jericho controlled Cyborg. We found out in the last issue of Titans, that's where he's been hiding out recently. However, at the end of the issue, Gar comes into the control room where Cyborg has just fallen because of the massive feedback caused by Static's discharge. But when he comes up on Vic, Gar says . . "There we go. Thank the robogod. I thought you were . . thought you were . . I thought you were Vic." So I'm wondering, is it actually Jericho, or is Ron, from the Cyborg mini-series back? Anyways, this story continues in Titans #12, then Vigilante #5, and then Teen Titans #70. It carries on that way through it's 6 parts. I thought this was a decent issue. Sean McKeever writes it and Fernando Dagnino does the art. Fernando is another artist to keep an eye on. That guy shows a whole lot of potential. I think he's just going to keep getting better and better. We see a little more of Sean's character development this issue. We don't get to see them operating as a team, but . .we get various members teaming up and interacting with one another. We know most of them already, so . . I think he needs to focus on Kid Eternity and Static to bring them up to speed. I love the Teen Titans and I'm hoping that this story-line brings them all together as a whole. We need to see them as a team, not a bunch of individual characters. But, like I said, I have a feeling that this upcoming story-line will fix all of that. At least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment