Friday, April 17, 2009

Secret Six #8 - DC


This issue Carlos Rodriquez does the art. It looks good, but I have to ask . . where's Nicola? I mean . . she does the cover, but . . ? Anyways, this issue actually raises a few questions for me. First of all, Scandal meets up with Liana again. She's the stripper that they hired for Scandal's party because she looked liked Kay. Scandal thought that she'd felt a connection, but . . she didn't know if it was just because they were drunk. It appears though that Liana really did feel a connection. Now that she's found Scandal, she wants to go out with her. Also in the amorous department, it appears that Jeanette is bizarrely attracted to Floyd. As she puts it, I think it's his death scent. Anyways, Scandal doesn't know if she should go out with Liana, and Floyd is actually scared of Jeanette. Well, I don't know if he's so much scared of her or actually just the thought of 'dating'. So they all go out on this double date, and are followed by this biker gang who's after Floyd for messing with them. However, before the date started, they all promised each other there would be no killing. So he's had to beat them up a couple of times, discreetly . . in order for their date to continue uninterrupted. Basically, that's how the whole issue goes. It was a just a bit of character development for these four. Now, the questions I have . . Rag-doll is in the trunk during all of this. He falls asleep . . which they don't even notice he's gone, or find him for 2 days . . and we get a twisted look at his dreams. My question is, why? What was the point of all this. It did nothing to help the story, so . . it all just seemed like a waste to me. Secondly . . our group has ended up at the House of Secrets. How did that happen? I thought maybe I missed an issue or something, but I really don't know how, or why, they ended up here. And again, why here? What's the point? Anyways, I'm glad that Gail Simone has stayed on as the writer of this series. I think she has a unique take on these characters that I don't know if anyone else could replicate. Also, I'm glad that this is a continuing series now. The first mini was way to short, and the first 6 issues of this title seemed to fly by. There's a lot of stories these characters have to tell. I feel like we've only just begun to get to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment