Monday, April 20, 2009

X-Factor #42 - Marvel


"What happens next issue: The time shift slingshots in reverse and Madrox, trapped in the 1930's, winds up accidentally becoming his own grandfather. Siryn and Monet declare their secret love for each other. And Guido wakes up to discover Lila in the shower. Feel free to tell that to everyone on the internet." I'm sorry. I know that's indulgent, but . . Peter put that on the bottom of the recap page and I just had to answer the challenge. I know. I'm disturbed. But I'm having fun. And so is this book. This was a fantastic issue. I really do enjoy Peter's writing and what he's doing with this team. Also I'm glad that we seem to have a semi-regular penciller on this book now . . Valentine De Landro, with the help of Marco Santucci. And they're doing a great job. We have a couple of different story-lines going now. Madrox is indeed in the future. He's come into the middle of the Summer's rebellion . . it's about 80 years in the future. Layla has dragged him there, for some as yet unknown reason, much to the chagrin of Ruby Summers. He's already making friends and meeting some new mutants there . . Daemon and Hacat'e. But the surprise is to find out that this team, if you could call it that . . and maybe the whole rebellion, is being led by Scott himself. He looks like hell . . he's balding, with a mechanical arm and leg, but . . somehow he's managed to survive 80 years into their future. Meanwhile, Rictor and Quido have gone off to investigate the shooting in New England. You know, where Jamie's dupe has taken up residence as a priest, with a wife and son. I'm not sure where this story-line is going, but . . it should be interesting. Longshot is off trying to protect Lenore who is convinced that someone is trying to kill her. Which they indeed attempt, under Longshot's protection, but . . it's really now from a source that they expected . . Lenore's own mother. And Val is still in all of their lives as she stops by to visit with Theresa and Monet. I really like this book. I love these characters, and I think Peter is doing a great job with them. I'm not sure how this title stacks up with the sales of the rest of the X-books, but . . in my opinion, it should . . it deserves to be, right up there. Peter's trying to make this book more exciting and unpredictable. If you aren't buying it . . you really should give it a shot. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment