Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ghost Rider #34 - Marvel


I thought this was an interesting book. We kind of gave the Zadkiel story-line a break for a minute and instead focused on an urban-legend out there . . the Highwayman. There's probably some of you that recognize this character, but I'm guessing . . you're few and far between. We find out on the letters page that Jason Aaron was at a convention recently where he got talked into picking up the entire run of US-1. It was an 80's series, in the Marvel Universe . . obviously, about a trucker. I guess the Highwayman came from that series. I have a few of the books, but it's been so long since I've read them . . I don't really remember much about it except maybe a couple of the covers, and the logo. Anyways, with this issue, we revisit the origin of the Highwayman, and I'm guessing that Jason thought that this character was a perfect fit for a run-in with the Ghost Rider. Whom at the current time . . this issue . . happens to be Danny Ketch. Apparently, Johnny doesn't have any powers left. And really all that Danny has left is what he was able to sneak out of Heaven with. This was an interesting issue. I chuckled in a few spots. It was a welcome diversion, but . . now I'd like to see where we're going with Zadkiel. I think this new artist, Tony Moore shows some potential. A lot of his stuff looks very similar to Art Adams. But, he doesn't have the consistency yet. I also think he hasn't defined his own style yet. I can see various influences, but . . he has to do it the way he sees it. Like I said, I think he has a ton of potential. He just needs some time. Like I said, overall I enjoyed the book. But now . . lets get back to our regular scheduled programming. Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment