Thursday, April 23, 2009

WildCATS #10 - WildStorm


We finally get to see Majestros and Hadrian go at it this issue. Well . . kind of. In the long run, Hadrian knows he doesn't have a chance against Majestros power, but . . he has to stall him for as long as he can. In Hawaii, Zealot has discovered that Savant is being held prisoner. She also finds out that it's because wants to create a royal family . . an heir. But Savant is his daughter? "Not like that. A test tube thing. My egg, his sperm. Inbreeding's not unheard of among Kheran royalty." Zealot also finds out that she wasn't his first choice, he offered the same thing to Nemesis and Backlash, but they turned him down. So, Hadrian is trying to keep Majestros busy in Beijing, but . . he's heard the alarms when Zealot releases Savant. And he's pissed. The WildCATS try to get all the women off island, but . . they don't get very far before Majestros returns. He makes pretty short work of their heavy hitters. He's approaching the ship of women, and Grifter, as the issue ends. Meanwhile Maxine, back at the Halo tower, realizes that the whole building is about to be over-run by Daemonites. It looks like she's going to be in for the fight of her life. I believe that Christos Gage is becoming more adept with his handling of these characters. I like what I'm seeing. I still think he needs to get everyone more involved though. But, it looks like it's improving. And I'm a huge fan of Neal Googe's art. I'd just like to see him open up a little more. I've seen it in the past. Take some artistic license. When he does, it looks fantastic. Overall, I think this book is heading in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment