Monday, April 13, 2009

Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam! #4 - DC


To me, this is probably the best Johnny DC book that come down the pike so far. Well . . with the exception of Teen Titans Go!. I loved that book. But Mike Kunkel does a fantastic job with this book. I think his art is great. And he also does a good job with the story. Last issue Mary accidentally gave Theo the magic word he needed to turn into Black Adam. This issue Billy is fighting him, and the Seven Deadly Sins. But, with Mary's help, the Wizard comes up with a plan to trick Theo into changing back, and bringing all the Sins back to the Rock of Eternity in the process. It's a cute book, and I love Mike's dialogue. To me, this is a fantastic introduction to these character for readers who may not be familiar with them. I really have to give props to Mike for turning out such a great book. I'm not sure how long it's going to be around, but . . I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment