Sunday, October 26, 2008

X-Force #7 - Marvel


I'm sad to see Clayton Crain depart as the artist in residence, but after his recent run on X-Men, Mike Choi seems to be a suitable replacement. Actually, the book looks very good. I think he was only on board for the first story-arc anyways, but . . it was fantastic, so . . . I'm a 'glass half full' kind of guy, I'll take what I can get. I'm also enjoying the story from Craig Kyle and Christopher Yot. X-Force basically has 2 problems right now. First is Rahne Sinclair. They don't know if they can trust her, or if, and when, she could turn back into her bestial form. So . . they have to test her. They have her in a room with Wolverine . . behind safety glass . . and they bring Warren out in front of her. It's only seconds before she turns back into her bestial wolf form. The second problem is that Angel also appears to be under some pre-programmed influence. When he sees Rahne's form, and is attacked, he immediately turns into Dark Angel, Horseman of Apocalypse. Luckily, he's a little easier to talk down than Rahne. While Logan was on Rahne, Scott took care of Warren. By appealing to his human identity he calms him down and gets him to revert back. Rahne, unfortunately, is going to take a little more work. I'm sorry. Did I say the team had 2 problems? Actually it has 3. Bastion, having survived the recent experience with X-Force and the Purifiers, has decided to exert his control over the people that he's brought back and put them back into their positions of power within the government. And as usual, that can only mean bad things for the mutants across the globe. Oh and to add insult to injury . . someone has hired the Vanisher. In Japan he's recently stole a vial of the Legacy Virus. This is one of those teams that I don't think things will ever get any easier for. It's always going to be a struggle and it's always going to be 'life or death'. I do have one question though. Does any of this team know about the recent deception with the Young X-Men? And if so . . can they trust that Scott's whom he says he is? I'm just wondering. I'm not trying to make things more difficult. I do continue to think that this is a fantastic book. I love the characters, and I love the story-lines . . . so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment