Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Terror Titans #1 - DC



I've been waiting for this book for a couple of months now . . and it's finally here. Plus . . Ravager is back. I love this character. Dare I say it? I think she may be a better character than . . . Slade himself. No . . I'm not going to go there. As much as she tries not to be like 'daddy', she still is. But, they're still 2 separate characters. The comparison is inevitable, but . . not really fair. But then again . . we're all compared to our parents. Aren't we? I'm not sure what I expected out of this book, but after reading it . . it was different. The book seems more about the Clock King, and the Dark Side Club than necessarily these Terror-ific characters. I think we'll learn some more about Ravager, and her precognitive abilities, throughout this series, but the rest of the characters . . I think they're just cannon fodder. Plus I think I was a little disappointed not to see any of the Teen Titans here. We did see some of the b-listers briefly in the beginning . . Aquagirl, Terra, Offspring, Molecule, Zatara, Star-Spangled Kid . . but, it seems to be mostly about the Clock King's bid to take over the Club. I also think Ravager is up to something. I'm not sure what, but she just seems a little to eager to prove herself. She fights in the ring . . without the mind-control or drugs, but refuses to kill Fever when the Chairman gives her the 'thumbs down'. In the end though, it appears that 2 heroes still die in this book . . Molecule and Fever. I enjoyed Sean McKeever's story here. We learned a little bit about the other Terror Titans, but it was just in conversation . . and I don't think it was enough. I am interesting in seeing though what's going to happen to all of these other characters. I also really enjoyed Joe Bennett's art. Jack Jadson does the inks, and I think he and Joe blend well together. But, that being said, I think the lines were a little to heavy in a lot of the panels. The art still looks amazing, it's just one of those things that I notice. Anyways, overall I enjoyed the book. Like I said, it was different than what I expected, but . . I'm still looking forward to seeing what happens. And . . I think Ravager is pretty hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment