Sunday, October 05, 2008

Nyx: No Way Home #2 - Marvel


This is an interesting series. I seem to be having a hard time getting in to it . . but, it's interesting. It's written by Marjorie Liu and drawn by Kalman Andrasofszky. It's about a bunch of mutant kids that live together in an apartment in New York City. All of them have had hardship in their lives so none of them have family . . except each other. The only other person they've let in is their teacher. She wants to help them. She wants them to go in the right direction. But her boyfriend wants her to pay more attention to him. So he's going to leave her. But now they have bigger problems. It appears that someone has broken into their apartment and abducted Cameron, the teacher, for some unknown reason. The kids are mutants, but they're not detectives. They want to help Cameron . . maybe even rescue her . . but they have no idea what to do or how to go about it. Remember . . they're just kids. Anyways, like I said, I'm just having a hard time getting in to this one. It reads ok, and it has a decent plot. I'm just finding myself having a hard time really caring about the characters. I am interested in seeing how this all plays out, but beyond that . . . it's just another story to me. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment