Friday, October 17, 2008

HULK #6 - Marvel



This is another fantastic story-line by Jeph Loeb. I can't believe that we're 6 issues into this series and we still don't know who the Red Hulk is. But, we do find out a little more this issue. We already know that it's not Rick, Tony or Jennifer. This issue we find out that we can also rule out Thor, General Ross and . . Doc Samson. But I thought he was the leading contender? Well with this issue, he's ruled . . out, by default. So who does that leave? I'm not sure, but . . Rick knows. After the Hulk's big fight with the Red Hulk, Rick transforms back from his A-Bomb persona and immediately wants to tell Bruce what's going on. But, before he can do that . . Doc Samson shoots him. "You can't be telling secrets, Rick. It's not your future. It's not your destiny. We're going to have to fix that." . . and he drags him off by his hair. Apparently General Ross knows who it is also, because he made him. But because of his failure in beating the Hulk . . he's giving up on him. Oh yeah . . we also find out that while the Hulk gets stronger as he gets madder . . the Red Hulk gets hotter as he gets madder. Eventually that's how the Hulk beats him . . he gets him so mad that his body can't take the heat and it overloads. "GREEN HULK STOPS RED HULK HERE! THERE IS ONLY ONE HULK. AND HE IS GREEN! I also really enjoyed Ed McGuinness' take on this character. I thought all 6 issues were fan-frikkin-tastic. I've always been a big fan, but I personally thought he was perfect on this series. Jeph Loeb will be continuing on the scripts but the next story-arc will be drawn by Arthur Adams. That should be an interesting arc. So far I've been really thrilled with this series. I just hope they can keep up the pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment