Thursday, October 30, 2008

Wonder Woman #25 - DC


Well . . the Wonder Woman movie is a bust. Why? Well . . because the Executive Producer, Laney Kirswel, turned out to be Queen Tsaritsa . . the Queen of Fables. "I am the mistress of tales, and who in all the lands tells more tales than these people? Why shouldn't I command them? I've even learned some new words like . . Cut!" She's also a psychotic bitch . . and with the edits and re-writes she was making . . she was going way over budget. The project was no longer feasible. Plus, in the Arena, Diana blinded her with her axes and beat the snot out of her. Obviously this isn't the last we've seen of her, but for now . . her little project has been quelled. I really like the feel that Gail Simone brings to this series. Obviously there's a certain affinity . . since she is writing about a female character, but . . I also really enjoy the subtle humor that she writes into her stories. I think this little jaunt was a fill-in before we get to the more meaty story next issue. I've really enjoyed Benard Chang's take on this character the last couple of issues. But, Aaron Lopresti comes back next issue. I'm sorry but there's just no comparison. There's going to be a lot of stuff coming down the pike . . a male Wonder Woman, and Manazons . . the Olympians . . a return to Paradise Island. 25 issues into it and the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment